Dresses and Accessories
As you clean out your closets, think of The Princess Project and the new life and memories waiting to be breathed into your dresses and accessories. We are grateful to all of our donors! We particularly are in need of fancy jewelry, purses, wraps, and new or gently used gowns in EXCELLENT condition in all fabrics, sizes and colors that meet our strict donation guidelines, which are outlined below.
2014 Community Dress & Accessory Drive:
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
The 2014 San Francisco Dress and Accessory Drive closed on February 23rd. Thank you to this year’s Public Dress Drive Locations for accepting the donations.
Community Dress Drives will be held during the month of February.
Dress Donation Drop Off Stations - February 1-28th
- Bay Club Santa Clara (formerly Decathlon Club)
3250 Central ExpresswaySanta Clara, CA 95051(408) 738-2582
- Bay Club Courtside
14675 Winchester Blvd.Los Gatos, CA 95032(408) 395-7111
- Westfield Valley Fair - donations are accepted at the Concierge Desk located on the 1st floor in the Nordstrom Court next to the Apple store.
- Eastridge Mall - Drop off locations: SameDay Lounge, located near Sears, 7 days a week during mall hours or Eastridge Management office, located near Cinnabon, M-F 9-5
- Selix Formalwear- Campbell
824 E. Campbell Ave.Campbell, Ca. 95008
Selix Formalwear - Palo Alto164 University Ave.Palo Alto, Ca 94301
- Check with your local high school for dress drives during the month of February.
Also, please check out your local high school for dress drive dates, or contact us at, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
ACCEPTING DRESSES NOW
Dress drives are happening year-round in San Diego! There is a drop off location in your community. Please visit the San Diego site for a list of locations.
We are proud to partner with Weddington Way on a dress drive this year! Weddington Way is encouraging women to contribute to this great cause by mailing their lightly used dresses (that are no older than 2006) to their offices in San Francisco. Alternatively, email proof of donation of a dress to a charity of your choice to email@example.com. As a token of their appreciation, each dress donor will receive a $25 voucher that can be used towards a bridesmaid dress purchase at WeddingtonWay.com. We will also mail the tax receipt to you at the address provided.
Visit WeddingtonWay.com for more information! Thank you to the Weddington Way team for their support!
We have established firm donation guidelines in an effort to streamline our organizational efforts and solicit goods that will reflect our core values and best serve our constituents.
- Dresses MUST be from 2006 to present.
- Dresses MUST be dry-cleaned and on hangers.
- Dresses MUST be prom dresses, formal gowns or fancy party dresses.
- Accessories MUST be stylish, clean and in excellent condition.
We cannot accept:
- Garments that are out of style (i.e., purchased before 2006)
- Garments that have not been dry-cleaned
- Casual or semi-formal clothing
- Wedding dresses
- Tuxedos or men’s clothing
Thank you for observing these guidelines!